How Can NMN Supplements Help Improve Depression?
According to a World Health Organization report in 2020, around 322 million people in the world suffer from depression. The situation becomes worse after the outbreak of CoronaVirus. Let’s take the USA as an example. Before the pandemic, 8.5% of U.S. adults reported being depressed. This number has risen to 27.8% as the country struggles with COVID-19. The main reason is that there is a big disruption in lifestyle habits during the pandemic. For example, social time with friends or families decreased by more than half. Exercise has long been considered as an antidepressant. However, because of the lockdowns, people cannot exercise regularly, so depression rates started to rise. In order to tackle this mental illness, let’s discuss more about what depression is.
Depression is a common mental disorder, which is a medical illness that actively affects the way people think, behave and feel. In the long term, untreated depression can aggravate itself, leading to an increasing bad work productivity and normal functioning, and may even resulted to suicide. The World Health Organization predicts depression will be the second leading cause of death by 2030. So, are there any treatments to mitigate this evil illness?
- Let’s have some Me-time with yourself
Try to take 10-15 minutes everyday and have a talk with yourself. Write down all the sad or happy things that happened to give yourself an individual channel for expression. The key to self-treatment for depression is to accept and love yourself, be open to things that are uncontrollable, and what you are going through.
- Know that today is today, tomorrow is tomorrow
Today’s emotions, mood, or thoughts don’t belong to tomorrow. Try to
solve problems within the same day. If you really can’t think of any solutions today, remember that you still have tomorrow’s opportunity to try again. Try to think positive and accept that while some days will be difficult, some days will also be great. Try to look forward to tomorrow’s fresh start.
- Increase your NAD+ Level by taking NMN which Improves Depression Symptoms
Research has shown that people with critically low levels of NAD+ are at a higher risk for developing problems related to anxiety, addiction and other mental problems. NMN supplementation can increase natural body levels of NAD+. So what are the benefits of increasing NAD+ to help tackling depression?
- Experiments showed that depression causes loss of body weight in mice which is reversed by NMN.
- Stress hormone “corticosterone” is one of the vital elements which causes depression. This hormone will decrease our NAD+ levels, but NMN administration restores NAD+ levels and improves symptoms of depression.
- NAD+ can help elevate co-enzymes and other chemicals which are responsible for mood elevation. It can also help to make us calmer and happier.
- NAD+ also acts as a powerful detoxifier. It is very efficient in removing harmful substances from the body, thereby restoring your health. It also improves your level of focus.
- Do something that can make you happy
Try to do something you love and can make you feel relaxed and energized. It could be playing music, painting, cycling, hiking, etc. These activities can lift up your mood and may bring you some more positive thoughts, which may help you overcome symptoms of depression.
- Create a small daily routine
Depression may make you sometimes go deep inside your negative thoughts and may disrupt your daily routine. Set a schedule for deep focus right before bed or maybe on weekends. Focus on creating a simple but structured routine which can help you keep your daily pace going.
To conclude, depression can be alleviated if you can find the best ways to look within yourself and your feelings. If you have tried all these ways and still feel depressed, you shouldn’t feel afraid to seek help from professionals.